Antin is a long-term investor committed to using environmental, social, and governance (ESG) principles as a tool for value creation, in terms of both mitigating risks and seizing opportunities. The cornerstone of our Responsible Investment (RI) Policy hinges on integrating ESG considerations into our investment process. Throughout the investment cycle, engaging in ESG matters allows us to diminish business risks, increase the financial results of our portfolio companies, achieve higher valuations and, ultimately, meet our fiduciary responsibilities.
We also affirm that awareness of ESG topics amongst employees and stakeholders produces a real and positive change in the way people work. Establishing and maintaining trusting relationships with all actors in the investment process is of key importance to us, and going hand-in-hand with this notion is our belief that being a good corporate citizen is good business practice and creates long-term value for our investors.
For these reasons, ESG values continue to be one of the core aspects of our overall investment strategy and remain a priority in our investment committees, at portfolio review committee meetings, and in discussions with management, boards, and investors.
- Incorporating ESG issues into our investment analysis and decision making processes.
- Being active owners and incorporating ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Seeking appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Promoting acceptance and implementation of the UN PRI within the investment industry.
- Working with other investors to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the UN PRI.
- Reporting on our activities and progress towards implementing the UN PRI.
Responsible Investment supplementary